how do I become a better cross stitch designer?
I have done cross stitch in the past, always enjoyed it.
Recently i have a growing interested in digital design (not my background either) and someday I thought about the possibility of creating cross stitch patterns.
After 2 months of researching and setting up a nice workflow (with my sister and cousin) we opened an Etsy shop to sell the patterns -
As you say there isn't formal education into developing cross stitch patterns so I always wondered:
- what makes a pattern successful?
- Am I missing something?
- What mistakes should I be avoiding in a pattern?
- Where could I learn how to make really appealing pattern?
- How to learn how to use backstitch (and other special stitches) to level up your pattern
- I am not from arts or graphic design - how can I came up with original designs?
- What is the best cross stitch software to use to produce realistic simulations and allow good creation of both original and converted designs? - I am using Winstitch, but not sure if produces the most realistic simulations.
I have stitched my first patterns which gave me a good ideas on how the pattern reflects into actual project. I got most of the dmc colour threads to not be deceived by screen colour.
I guess in general I am asking for guidance on how to become better.
Thanks for the opportunity to ask my questions
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Designing questions.